LOS ALAMOS MIDDLE SCHOOL
HOME OF THE HAWKS
Following these procedures will help ensure the safety of students as well as expedite the drop off and pick up process:
- Help us keep students safe by staying in a single traffic line in front of the school.
- Pull up to the front of the drop off lane as much as possible (allowing traffic to stop) before allowing your child to exit the car. Traffic moves in “waves”.
- Follow directions of the duty staff.
- Have your student exit the vehicle from the sidewalk side of the drop off lane ONLY.
- Remain in your car and allow your student to exit on his/her own with their backpack or other items with them. Minimize the need for students to move between vehicles (i.e. to remove items from the trunk / hatch).
- After drop off or pickup occurs – WHEN SAFE - SLOWLY pull forward with traffic from the drop off lane once your student exits following traffic.
- Always EXIT LEFT off of the drop off lane towards North Mesa Rd. (No right turns during drop off and pick up times)
- Do not use the bus loop to drop off students – this lane is reserved for buses only
- Avoid dropping off in the parking lot. It is not safe for students to walk between moving cars, lanes, etc.
- Keep traffic moving and refrain from watching your child enter the school.
- Avoid blocking the crosswalk and follow the direction of crossing guards.
- Avoid passing other cars on the front driveway (even if there is an opening ahead) There is NO PASSING in the drop off lane.
- Obey the speed limit - 5 MPH
- Avoid parking on the drop off lane which is always a NO PARKING ZONE.
- When picking up students during the school day- please park in the parking lot and come into the office to check students out.
Your cooperation with the above keeps everyone safe!!
Please call 505-663-2375 with questions