The General Obligation bond for the Los Alamos Public Schools in the amount of $30 million will be on the November ballot. While the school district receives local, state and federal funding for operations, grants and instructional programs, it cannot use these funds for the "bricks and mortar." Only money raised by GO Bonds can be used to build buildings, remodel, furnish schools, and improve school grounds.
This bond will maintain the current tax rate and allow LAPS to reach the goal of raising $30 million to further improve our schools.
Current projects include:
- Replacement of Piñon Elementary School and Chamisa Elementary School
- New HVAC systems at Los Alamos Middle School and Los Alamos High School
- Building upgrades and renovations at Los Alamos High School, Los Alamos Middle School and the Aspen Elementary School and Mountain Elementary School gyms
- Completion of Barranca Mesa Elementary School playground and gym
- Electrical and plumbing upgrades at every school
- District-wide security updates